CARING FOR YOUR LINEN
Following a few simple rules will ensure your linen remains in pristine condition through normal bedtime use.
- Wash prior to use
- Wash in cold or warm water on a gentle cycle using a non-harsh detergent. Wash with like colours and fabrics. Avoid washing with towels which may coat your sheets with lint.
- Launder any stains immediately. If allowed to set they may be impossible to remove later.
- Do not bleach, soak or dye your sheets. Do not dry clean.
- Ensure all linen is rinsed thoroughly removing all soaps and detergents.
- Line drying is preferred, however if tumble drying, use a low heat setting. High heat may damage the fibres.
- Remove from line or dryer slightly damp if possible to avoid overdrying.
- Overdrying on the line for a prolonged time may affect colour.
- Some prefer the natural crinkled texture of linen and prefer not to iron, however if you prefer the smoother texture, then use a low heat setting.
- Iron on the wrong side first and then on the right side for light coloured linens. Only iron dark linens on the wrong side.
- Iron linen until satisfactorily smooth, but not bone dry.
- Linen dries quickly so either store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated place or set it back on the bed slightly damp.
- Do not store your linen in plastic bags, cardboard boxes etc. as fumes can rot or mark the linen.
- When storing for long periods, be sure to refold your linen periodically to improve ventilation.
With any purchase of Montauk Linen, we include a Care Card for future reference to ensure you look after your linen correctly.